Problem reading multiple records on a tag

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I wrote 2 records into a tag: First URI record, and the second Text record.
When tapping the NFC tag, my application starts (based on the URI defined in the first record).
However in order for my application to read the second record on the tag (after being started automatically), I have to move the tag away and re-tap otherwise the application will not read the tag second record.

Is this a normal behavior? How can I overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Eitan Barazani
Feb 25, 2014 at 6:07 PM
eitanbarazani wrote:
I wrote 2 records into a tag: First URI record, and the second Text record.
When tapping the NFC tag, my application starts (based on the URI defined in the first record).
However in order for my application to read the second record on the tag (after being started automatically), I have to move the tag away and re-tap otherwise the application will not read the tag second record.

Is this a normal behavior? How can I overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Eitan Barazani
Developer Response:

"Hi,
this is normal behaviour of the Windows Phone operating system. If you register to be launched via a custom URI protocol, the OS only sends the app the URI string.
The only possibility to read the whole tag including multiple records is to read the tag while the app is running.
As this is a limitation of the OS, there is unfortunately nothing that this library can do about it, and there is currently no way to overcome the limitation.
Br,
Andreas Jakl"